1. How did you get into fashion? Tell me how and when everything started.
My family had a seamstress and my mom loved to find unusually beautiful fabrics so I started to draw my own clothes for the seamstress to make.
2. When did you first know that you wanted to be in fashion?
Was going to be either Fine Art or Fashion Design, and Parsons made me feel very welcome during my interview.
3. If you weren’t in the fashion industry, what would you like to be doing?
Directing and producing movies
4. Tell us about your fabulous brand and what products or serviced do you offered?
Exclusive printed silk jersey dresses and tops available online at meStarlet.com
5. How would you describe your personal style?
BOBO – bourgeois bohemian
6. Who is your favorite designer?
7. If you had a choice of all designers in the world, who would you prefer to work for? Why?
If I were 18 – Kaiser Karl because I like geniuses who are articulate and have an opinion on everything
8. Are there any special projects you would like to work on?
A handbag and shoe line.
9. Which magazines do you read? Which magazine is your favorite?
I spent many years in France and still speak French at home so French ELLE is my favorite because it’s a weekly and makes me feel in the loop of Parisian life
10. What do you see in stores that you think is really great?
Great vegan shoes that look just like leather
11. What motivates you?
Unusually beautiful stuff
12. What’s next for you?
A retail store, a new collection
13. What do you do in your down time
Travel and have fun with my family.
Big thanks to Flora Kung for taking the time to talk to Unik Apparel Style!