So….. I am turning 30 today!! Does this mean I am an adult yet? I’m teasing 🙂 I’m really looking forward to seeing what unravels on this path. I am going to celebrate with a romantic dinner with my mister tonight and over the weekend with a movie, light show and possibly more cake. I don’t usually share a lot about my life on this blog, but I figure once in a while private tidbits that don’t relate to fashion are ok. Here are 30 things you might not know about me. 🙂
1. I love cooking & making new recipes. It’s my favorite thing to do after a long day.
2. Running my own marketing consultancy makes me truly happy & I adore the clients I’ve work with.
3. Although, I’m 30 my entire family still called me by nickname, “Rosita.”
4. I don’t like going to the gym, so instead I do yoga, zumba classes and run outdoors.
5. My favorite color is purple.
6. I played volleyball professionally for many years and stopped playing in my early 20s.
7. I’m deeply in love with the mister and this year we celebrated our 6 year anniversary.
8. I’m very shy and won’t talk much until I get to know you. Once we are friends, I don’t shut up.
9. I had the same best friends for the past 18 years, since I moved to SD I miss them everyday.
10. I write stories everyday and hope to someday to be brave enough to publish them.
11. I love staying up late playing games or watching shows/movies until the wee hours of the night.
12. My middle name “Miryanne” is super long and weird. My mister disagrees. Teachers always pronounced it wrong.
13. I weighed 90 pounds until I turned 18. I was delighted to finally have a latina curvaceous body.
14. I’m sorry, but I never like “Twilight” books or movies.
15. Journaling is my favorite thing to do before work and bedtime.
16. I have an MBA in human resources & worked in that field for many years before I fell in love with marketing and switch careers.
17. I love thrifting and shopping when I have free time.
18. My family and friends mean the world to me.
19. I’m an avid reader and try to read more than two books a week.
20. From the ages 6 to 18, I was a model and also participated in many beauty pageants.
21. I love wearing prints and color with my outfits.
22. Bees and snakes are my least favorite.
23. I could eat Doritos & Nutella day and night. (Don’t worry I don’t)
24. I’m an only child, but love sharing with my friends & family. 🙂
25. I love illustrating my own characters.
26. I’m really bad at making small talk, but I’m working on it. My mister is really good at it, so I have a good teacher.
27. I have moved 8 times in the past 6 years.
28. Everyday, I’m truly grateful for my life and the people in it.
29. I love learning new things & skills.
30. Christmas & Halloween are my favorite holidays.
Yay for 30… Now I might go and have another sweet slice of cake. Happy Tuesday!